“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don’t feel insecure around you…”
My Leadership 7 class very successfully put on a school Olympics. The Olympics included:
- A floor hockey tournament
- Bagel curling
- “Biathalon”, 4 team members would compete in a relay involving a bean bag throw following each lap at targets to reduce the teams time
- A door decorating contest, which made it so as you walked down the halls throughout the month of February twenty seven of the countries competing in Sochi were represented on the doors of each classroom.
- Showcase, which involved decorations, medal counts, athlete profiles and more. This allowed students at school to remain connected to events happening and Canadian athletes competing at Sochi.
- Closing Ceremony, to celebrate the accomplishments of all the athletes that competed at this years Panabaker Olympics
Please visit my reflection on the Panabaker Olympics for additional thoughts and more!